New Zealand with a vibrant policy-relevant macroeconomic discourse and a policy-academic collaboration that facilitates better outcomes for New Zealand and its partners.
The New Zealand Centre for Macroeconomics will provide a hub to advance research in macroeconomics by bringing together researchers in academic and policy institutions to work on policy-oriented projects of international, national and regional macroeconomics.
- Provide a hub for interaction of academic researchers as well as policymakers
- Invite prominent international scholars to visit and address issues of concern to NZ
- Increase research productivity
- Establish a working paper series to promote and make accessible macroeconomics research
- Build capacity by training macroeconomists
- Increase the quantity and quality of postgraduate economics students
- Develop employment prospects for postgraduate students.